Monday, June 9, 2014

OT Training 6.9.14

Today was a pretty rough day. Usually I don't want to get up and swim. That doesn't mean that I never get up and swim but I think it is more of the fact that it is my weakest area and the improvements have been slow. I have been getting better in the pool but the process is slow. I knew it was going to be slow but that doesn't mean that it makes me any more motivated at 7 or 8 a.m. to get up and get into the pool.

I was on Twitter just after my pool workout and checked Twitter real quick before I went on the bike in the gym (more on this later) and I saw this from my favorite comic strip, Calvin and Hobbs.


So true Calvin, so true.

Last week I had a tough time on Friday with my swimming. My legs were dead and I was just tired. I thought I was going to be OK today after having the weekend off and even though I had my long run yesterday my legs were good so I felt I would be alright today. I wasn't really alright. I was pretty tired in my lower half and it made it a pretty rough swimming session.

I ended up getting in 1,000 yards in the pool. I really wanted to get in 1,100 or 1,200 but I cut back a little bit to hope to save my legs a little more for the week ahead. I started off with a 100 freestyle with six 50 freestyles after that. I then did two 50's of kicks and four 50's of pulls. I got in three more 50 freestyles with one more each of the kicks, pulls, and a final freestyle to finish up the day.

Before I left my house I came to find out that the back tire on my bike was completely flat. I have no idea how or when this happened but this meant that I wasn't going to be able to ride it today. I don't really know anyone else who has a bike and haven't been able to buy another bike yet. This meant that I was going to have to go on the spin bike in the gym.

This was a little less ideal but after I was done I guess it was good since my legs were pretty tired. I kept a cadence of 95 during my hour long ride and that covered 25.3 miles. Again, not really ideal but it was definitely better than doing nothing. I am going to be checking over the bike tonight and hopefully have it back ready to ride on Wednesday.

This was way less than an ideal day but I didn't expect every training day to be good. I am well into my second month of training and things are going to start getting hard. I am going to want to not workout but I need to push through those and continue to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment