Sunday, June 1, 2014

OT Training 6.1.14

First workout of June. It is weird, it feels like May just started and here we are already through 31 days. May went crazy fast. Well, Saturday was my off day and what I decided to do on my off day was drink a lot of alcohol. I am not a guy that gets hungover so that wasn't really the problem but I was super tired today. I typically like to get my run done earlier in the day but today my run didn't happen until about 3 p.m. That really wasn't a big deal, but today it was hot.

The heat wasn't overly terrible but when you are dehydrated from a night of drinking it doesn't make things any easier. It also didn't help that I didn't really drink any water before I ran and I forgot to take water with me. I ran into town and had my car dropped off there so it's not as if I could drink water when I got finished. I had no quarters in my car and the best I was able to do was get an empty bottle I had in the back seat and ask a gas station to fill it up with water. Meh, whatever. I drank 32 ounces of water in approximately 10 seconds.

The run was pretty good overall though. I think I was supposed to go 54 minutes today but with the weather and my blood sugar levels going a little low towards the end of my run (due to my diabetes) I was only able to make it a 50 minute run. Like I said I went from home into town and the run is mainly a downhill run but there is two hills that I wanted to tackle. The first hill is a gradual raise and the second hill is a much more significant one that I haven't been able to finish before.

Like I said I have always had a problem with pacing and by the time I hit that hill I usually couldn't make it the entire way up since I was already spent from running too hard at the beginning. Today I was able to tackle the hill easily so that made me feel pretty good. My pace was still a little too fast for my liking but it wasn't as bad as it has been before.


I would like to get my first two miles around 7:45 or so but I think I can live with this today. I ended up going just over six miles on the run. I think I would have liked to get a little farther but that is part of the process. I have been really slowing down my pace in hopes of being more consistent in my runs so as long as I continue to do that I will be able to build up my milage.

Tomorrow is an easy day with swimming and biking so back at it for another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment