Wednesday, June 11, 2014

OT Training 6.11.14

Today was another swim and bike day. Today was probably one of my better swimming day over the past couple of weeks as I was able to get in 1,300 yards in about 40 minutes of swimming. I was only able to get in 1,000 yards on Monday because my legs were really dead but the legs felt fresher than usual for today.

I was able to get back into the swing with my 100 freestyles as I started with three of those to start my workout. Typically I have been doing 4 x 3 sets of the 50's but with me wanting to push it a little more I went with a 4 x 4 set swims of 50's starting and ending with freestyle's with a kick and pull in between. That gave me 800 yards with just my sets and coupled with my 100's to start gave me 1,100 yards. I finished up my workout with another 50 each of kick and pull and then a pair of 50 freestyles.

Really good swim after some really bad days. It was a tough day for the swim since the pool hours have been scaled back over the summer so for the time being I am going to have to get up at 7 a.m. for my swimming days. It's not as if I get up really late but setting an alarm to make sure I am up at a certain time is something I haven't had to do for a long time. I guess that isn't a bad thing since I will eventually have to be getting up at a set time soon (hopefully) so might as well start now.

My bike is still down for the count with a bad tire. It should be fixed for my long ride on Friday but that meant that I had to go to the gym to get my ride in. On Monday I used the spin bike and while it was good to get something in it didn't really mimic the biking I am going to be doing. I didn't realize the gym had a regular stationary bike so I jumped on that for 1:15. I was able to get all of that work in and it came out to 19.3 miles which was a little more on target with what I would be riding a flat trail on so it was a good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment