Wednesday, June 4, 2014

OT Training 6.4.14

Today was my medium swimming and bike day and after it is all said and done it was a pretty good workout day. I felt really strong in the pool and despite my legs being tired in the first half of my bike ride I was able to press forward and cut nine minutes off my time from last week.

Got into the pool and did 1,100 yards today which was 100 more than last week. I did the same workout except I added a 100 freestyle at the beginning. I think what I am going to try and do is tack on another 100 before my set work for the next couple of times to try and build up more endurance. At the beginning of last week I was only able to do one 100 at the beginning and today I was able to do three of them so I know I am going in the right direction.

After my 100's I did the same set work with 50's. I started with 50 freestyles and did three of those and then did three kicks, three pulls, and finished with three more freestyles. I ended the workout with another kick, pull, and two more 50's. I went harder today than I did on Monday but I felt really strong, especially in my legs, so that was a really good thing.

The bike was a little harder than I anticipated. I was only going to go about 87 minutes today but I ended up going 1:37:32 and did 24.35 miles. That was pretty good for me seeing that last Friday I did 25.58 miles in 1:48:11 so essentially I cut off about nine minutes on my race distance today and that is always a good thing. I would like to be able to do that in about 1:15 or better but with the race still a few months away I think I am feeling pretty good cutting that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment