Tuesday, June 3, 2014

OT Training 6.3.14

Today was a pretty easy day with a weight workout and a short run.

The weight workout was chest and triceps and went about as well as I thought. I have been trying to keep higher reps since that is going to help me in my training more than going heavier weight with lower reps. That is what I usually do but I want to make sure to keep my reps between 12-15 and not overdoing it since I am training so much.

The run was pretty simple. I went and ran in Natrona Heights by the Anytime Fitness I go to. Overall I went 3.91 miles in 32:30 and I kept things pretty simple. My splits (every mile) were in the mid-8:00 mark and at the end of the run I know I still had some juice left. With this being an easy day and my legs still being pretty sore from the weekend I thought it was better to keep a slower pace and keep things easy.

I think overall I would like to have an eight minute pace for the run portion of my race so for almost four miles keeping an 8:18 pace today and still feeling good I think I am on the right path. The adrenaline will kick in with other racers around me on race day and that will give me a little extra push so I feel pretty good about where my running is right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment