Sunday, June 8, 2014

OT Training 6.8.14

After a really good day off on Saturday I was back at it today for my long run. Essentially I ran the same route as last week only I went a little longer today but my run today was a lot better than last week.

A week ago I ran this route in a 8:13 pace running 6.1 miles in 50 minutes. Today I was able to cover just over seven miles in almost 56 minutes which came in at a 7:56 pace. I started off this run a little faster with a 7:31 pace in the first mile but after that I rally got into a groove where I ran at a 7:50ish pace over the next four miles. I slowed down a little bit in the sixth mile with an 8:16 pace but finished around an 8:05 pace.

This was a really good run for me and even though this was a mostly downhill race at the beginning I still got some hill work that I was able to get through pretty easily. I didn't come close to stopping at any point which is good because last week I had to make a stop around the 40 minute mark.

I am still getting stronger and being able to run the race distance in about 48 minutes made me feel pretty good. I know that I didn't swim or bike before it but with about two months left until the race I am pretty confident I will be able to run a pretty good pace if I am right around where I want to be now. Also I was doing this run after a night of drinking. That counts for something, right?

Least ideal part of the run today was that five minutes into it the rain started to come down. It came down hard for a minute and then level off but for much of the run I was dancing around raindrops. Not fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment