Tuesday, June 10, 2014

OT Training 6.10.14

Today was a weight workout day and my short running day that included somewhere around a 35 minute run.

The weight workout went pretty quickly. I like to get in and get out when I am at the gym and I was able to do that today as most of the people in there were on cardio machines so that made things pretty easy. It was a chest/tri day with some core work at the end and I worked myself pretty hard so it was a good workout.

I followed that by running in Natrona Heights for my short run. I kept pretty much the same route as I did last week the two times I ran there and this was easily the best of the trio of runs there. It wasn't over hot (around 65) but it was fairly humid (95% humidity) so it made the run suck a little bit more than I anticipated.

I wanted to push myself a little bit more today since I still had some left in the tank the last couple of times. That led to me coming out of the gate a little faster than I would have liked which led my pace to slow down over the next two miles but it didn't slow down to a point where I was having trouble. Here is a look at it:



The good part of this was that I was able to bounce back after a slower third mile to finish the fourth mile with about an 8:00 pace and finessed the last .6 of a mile at a 7:30 pace. I think I would feel much different about the run if my pace got worse as I finished but I had some good push at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment