Thursday, June 5, 2014

OT Training 6.5.14

Today was a really good day for me workout wise. Yesterday I felt pretty good in the pool but when I got to the bike ride I was pretty sluggish. I still finished with one of my better bike rides and cut some significant time off my 25 mile time but I just didn't feel it. Today was totally different. I am not sure if it was just because I had to do only a run with a weight workout but my legs felt really good and carried me through a really strong run.

I did my weight workout first and it was back and bi day. I didn't necessarily go any heavier with anything but I tried to add a few more reps since I was only around 10-12 reps last week. Usually I am able to bump up weight on the second week of my workout plan (that changes every three weeks) but this week I only took marginal bumps up in weight and made sure that I got good reps in.

I decided to stay in Natrona Height for my run. Typically on my medium day I like to go down to the trail as I can control my time better since I run out and back. Today I just kinda freelanced with my run and it worked out well. Overall it's not going to show that I did a lot of hills but there were a few of them. Typically these hills are something I struggled with because of my pacing problem but today I was able to conquer them fairly easily.

Here is the map of the elevations on my run:


As you can see there are a few peaks and valleys but I was able to maintain a pretty steady pace through them.

I ended up running for 43:04 and went 5.30 miles. That turns out to be an 8:08 pace which was right around where my time was last week for my medium run. The best part about the run was that I still had some left in the tank. I probably could have ran a sub-eight minute pace but this showed me that I am definitely making gains in my running and that is a good sign with a couple months left till race day.

Overall a great day in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment